Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a very good birthday today!  I have a very hard time believing that I'm 65 years old.  I can remember not too long ago thinking that 65 was really old.  Doesn't seem so bad any more.  I do feel a little more vulnerable now that I'm this age, though.  I think it's something about Medicare!!  Lord willing, I'll have lots of years on Medicare.

Today we went to Sarasota to spend some time with Dad, Roberta, Pat & Milt.  I got to choose where we went for lunch.  I'd already done some thinking about where I wanted to go and I chose the Columbia Restaurant on St Armand's Island.  You can sure tell most of the snow birds are here now - it was packed...both the restaurant and the island!  They have both inside and outside dining available and we were told it would be a 45 minute wait when we first got there.  However, the hostess called us after about 5 minutes and told us it'd only be about 10 more minutes.  After we were all stuffed, our waitress brought me a caramel flan with a candle in it.  Since we all still had our spoons, I shared it with everyone!  It was a gorgeous day for a birthday!!

Yesterday I had a gel manicure.  Today on GMA they talked about the health dangers of gel manicures!  How about that for timing!!  I probably won't be having gel manicures continuously, but I sure do like the way my nails look and feel!  We'll see.

More later...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...