Sunday, April 21, 2013

Beautiful Day

Finally, a warm day here in O-town.  It was in the 60s with plenty of sunshine.  The wind, however, made it seem colder than it was.  Tonight it's still 60 outside with no wind...so it's lovely out now.

Church this morning was great.  We had some new people in church and David preached on Micah 2:1-10 about how to listen.  It's so good to be back in our church!  I've really missed it and the people!

After church, we went to 2nd Street Cafe for lunch and then home.  Dave & I put up the hummingbird feeder because some friends of mine from St Louis said their hummers are back.  I figure it can't be long until they get this far north!  Dave also took a nap while I either worked on cards, read, or watched the NASCAR race.  This afternoon Dave suggested we go to the theater to see "42", the movie about Jackie Robinson.  It was a really good movie..  I had a very hard time with the prejudice and the ignorance of the time, but Jackie was a class act!  PS - the popcorn was great, too!

Tomorrow's a busy day!  I've still got a little to do to get ready for tomorrow night's card class.  Bible Reading Time in the morning and some paperwork to do in the afternoon.

Fun day.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...