Thursday, May 2, 2013

Downright Frigid!

Boy, is it ever cold out today.  It didn't get above 40 that I know of.  Northwest Iowa had snow - and not just snow showers!  Britt had 11"!!  We haven't had any - just some rain.  It's raining out now, but no snow as of yet!  My great-nephew wants to form a lynch mob to lynch Puxatawny Phil!

I was really, really glad that I didn't have to go out today.  Dave went to the doctor to have his ribs xrayed, but when he got there, the doctor said there was no use in spending the money - there's nothing they can do for broken ribs except just wait for them to heal.  She did give him some steroids for his lungs so maybe he can get his cough taken care of.

I watched birds today.  The gold finches are back, as are the purple finches!  At one time I had a pair of goldfinches, a pair of purple finches, a woodpecker, and a sparrow all on my feeder at one time.  The woodpecker is HUGE compared to the finches!!  Then Mr. Squirrel came along and they all flew away.  Dave fixed him, though.  He put axle grease on the pole so now he won't be able to shinny up the pole any more!

This afternoon and evening I've been working on typing our PEO book.  I'm not as good of a typist as I once was.  I'll get it done, though!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...