Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wonderful Day

What a beautiful day we had today.  It was a great day and night for the balloon races to start here in O-town.  I hope to get out there this year to take some pictures.  The balloons are so big and so colorful.  Maybe Friday evening?  That's my plan, anyway.

Today I ran errands again.  This time I had to pick up Dave's shirts, mail a card to Cheyenne whose birthday is tomorrow (I missed the mailman), and get Dave's medicine for his nebulizer (sp?).  I also got my nails done - they were way too long...I was having a horrible time typing!  Then I came home and just enjoyed the day!

I don't think I shared our last cards with you.  We had class a week ago tonight and these are two of the cards we made.  I guess I didn't scan in the one that Juliene demo'd.  These are the ones I showed.  Of course, all products are from Stampin' Up!

We try to do a Christmas card each time and this one is really cool.  You can't tell it by the picture, but the bottom of the card was run through an embossing folder with ink in it.  Therefore the flowers are three-dimensional.  I really like this technique.

This one is called a swing card.  If you were to grasp the card at both sides and pull, the center will swing around.  This one is done in So Saffron, but we made ours in the new In Colors for 2013-15.
This swing card can also be a Christmas card just by changing out the colors!

Now I've got to figure out my Christmas card for next time!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...