Thursday, July 18, 2013

CJ's in town!

This morning, Dave picked up my 3-wheel bike from Walmart so I hopped onto it and took a ride!  Riding in Iowa is not the same as in Florida - everything is flat in Florida!  Not so in Iowa!!  It was a real challenge to get back up the hill at the bottom of our driveway.  These 3-wheel bikes aren't geared bikes - you just have pedal power.  I had to strain to get up that hill, let me tell you!  But I made it.  It was so humid today that I was drenched when I came back in from riding.  Sweat was just running and it wasn't all from exertion!
This evening we went to The Hills for C.J. Bruton's induction into the IHCC Hall of Fame.  C.J. lives in New Zealand and brought his beautiful wife back to his college stomping grounds just to get this award.  He's so special.  There was a nice crowd on hand to greet him!  He left here in 1997 after we won our first National Championship.  He came back in '99 to watch his little brother play here, but other than that he's been playing professionally in either Australia, Puerto Rico, or New Zealand for the past 16 years.  It was so good to see him again!


He is a very special young man!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...