Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday

I started out a little slow this morning.  I took my time getting ready for the day.  I just wanted to hibernate this morning, but I had a luncheon at noon.  I made it on time; in fact, I was the first one there.  It was a preinitiation lunch for a new PEO member. It was delightful.  Both of the ladies I lunched with are master gardeners so they had lots to talk about.

I got home about 1:30 and at 2:30 I was supposed to be at church for the preparation for our food pantry day.  Dave covered for me until I arrived at 3:15, but they'd already started giving away food - they started early!  We served 140 families today!  I had 3 in a row who had 7 or more in their household!  Big day!  I came home about 5:10, but Dave stayed and helped clean up.  Then he came home and mowed!  We didn't even have supper until 8:00!!  Busy, busy!

Jami and the kids fly into Cedar Rapids tomorrow.  They'll be with Bryan until Sunday morning early.  They're hoping to be here for church at 9:30!!

Here are the cards we did on Tuesday night.  I thought maybe you'd like to see them.  Remember all supplies are Stampin' Up!!

This Christmas card is just a sample.  We ended up embossing both the sentiment and the snowflake in platinum embossing powder.  It's much more striking than just using Pool Party ink like I did here.
 This second card is the one Juliene did.  It includes lots of piercing, so it took more time than the other two combined!
This was our CAS card (Clean And Simple).  It is also very striking in person.  We did it in either green, baby blue, pink or yellow!

Hope you enjoyed a look at our cards!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...