Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Fun

I started my day at N HyVee where one of my sorority sisters and I asked shoppers to contribute to the Lord's Cupboard.  We took in about 1 1/2 carts full of groceries and probably at least $200 in cash.  I know that several people put in $20, so it may have been more than that.  It was a good 2 hours spent helping others less fortunate.  When I finished, I went to the chiropractor so that my back's in alignment before I go south.

This afternoon I got in a little nap and I finished up preparing for our card class tomorrow morning.  Tonight we were invited over to our Pastor's home for dessert and conversation with both him and his wife, plus their guest (they have a B&B).  We had so much in common with their guest who was from Wyoming, that the conversation never waned!  It was a lovely evening sitting outside by their fireplace, eating an apple dessert with a wonderful sauce on it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...