Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

Another beautiful fall day in SE Iowa...and even in Central Iowa!  We got up really early and left for Ames at 7:30 AM.  Got to Cindy & Joel's at 10:00 and had a wonderful time.  They built a new house out in the country west of Gilbert about 5 years ago.  It's a lovely home about 8/10 of a mile off of the County Line Road.  They've got lots of room when their 3 kids are there with their families.  Their flowers look far better than ours - the city deer are worse than the country deer!  Cindy told me that a deer was up on their porce, though.  She has a picture to prove it!  They also have deer eat all of the bird seed, plus the raccoons help themselves to the bird seed, too!  We stayed until mid-afternoon and then came home.  Fun day!  Love, love seeing them.  They are the kind of friends where when you're together it's as if you've never been apart...you just start in talking right when you left off.  I miss seeing them and I pray that Cindy continues living her miracle for a LONG time!

Dave packed the food stuff in the trunk this evening and said the trunk is already 3/4 full.  Gee, I may have to buy new clothes when I get there!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...