Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rain, tornado & baseball!

Sure signs of spring, right?  Rain, tornado warnings, and baseball - all in one day!  We had torrential rain today and as soon as they came out with a tornado warning for our area, Dave said we were heading north out of the warned area.  We ended up in Tarpon Springs.  We went to lunch at Hellas Restaurant & Bakery - Dave had a shrimp basket and I had a BLT on a pita.  Both of us thought our meals were really good.  After lunch we went to the bakery and had an ice cream cone.  Dave had rocky road and I had strawberry.  The ice cream was Blue Bell and it was delicious!

When we started home, Bob called us to tell us that the game we were to go to was delayed until 2:30.  We were a little late getting there, but it was a fun day to sit at a ballgame.  The Yankees beat the hometown Phillies 4-3.  We got to see Derek Jeter and Ryne Sandberg, so I was happy!!

 Derek Jeter - he's retiring this year.  He's 39 and his career started 20 years ago!
The umpire made a bad call, so Ryne came out of the dugout to protest!!  I wish I would have taken my good camera, but I was afraid it would rain and my camera would get wet.  I just took my little bitty Sony.

Now we're sitting here watching the stupidest Batman of all times - Batman Returns.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...