Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day and that you got to enjoy your family and friends.  We had a productive day...not necessarily a fun one!  We did take time out of day to thank God for the men and women who fought for our freedom and to remember those who have gone on to their afterlife.

As for our day being productive, Jim came over and worked on the ceiling in the dining room today.  It looks almost 100% tonight.  There is still a place or two where Dave or Jim needs to sand and touch up the paint.  Evidently some of the plaster was still a little damp so we've got a bubble or two, but nothing like the hole we had!!


We even got the house cleaned up again.  With construction, it doesn't take long to get messy!  We're ready for showings now!!  Send in the potential buyers!

I was able to get some of my pix uploaded today.  I also went outside and took some flower pictures in between the raindrops.  Plus I had to share a picture of one of my hummingbirds.  He looks cold, doesn't he?  I took this several days ago on one of those rainy cold days.  He's all fluffed up against the cold!

 This is my red petunia.  I got this just to attract the hummers.  As soon as I put it out, I started seeing the little ones!
 My peonies started blooming today.  This is one of those wonderful, smelly ones!
This is an early peony, but it bloomed the same time as some of my pink ones!
 I love this iris.  My Aunt Wanda had beautiful iris and this is one from her gardens!  Looks like I should have dead-headed it before I took the picture!
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...