Friday, June 27, 2014

Really late last night!

Yesterday we left here at 4:15 to go to Riverside for the semi-finals of the Y league softball for 12 & Under girls.  Allison's team was seeded #1 with the #2 seed being another Washington team.  #3 was a Wellman team and #4 was Ainsworth.  We played Ainsworth in the semis and beat them handily, while the other Washington team and Ainsworth were playing on another field. That was all at 6:00.  Then we played the finals at 8:00 against the other Washington team.  We were ahead going into the 5th inning 9-4.  They scored a couple more runs before we finally won the championship - yay!!  Allison came on in the 5th in relief and didn't pitch very well.  She finally settled down, though, and ended up getting the W.  Whew!

After the games, we decided we'd go eat someplace.  Have you ever tried to find a restaurant open at 10:15 on a Thursday night?  Surely the truck stop at Ainsworth would be open, right?  Wrong!  They were even closed.  We finally stopped at a BP on 218 and Dave got a sub, some chips, and we shared a pint of soft serve ice cream.  Great supper - popcorn at the ball park and ice cream at 10:30 or so.  We didn't get home until close to midnight and went straight to bed as we both had plans this morning.

Dave went to work and I had a card class that I was "leading".  I forgot that the cleaning lady was coming at 8:00 - I was still in bed when she arrived.  She worked downstairs while I got ready upstairs!  After lunch, Juliene & I went to the Lucky Rooster for lunch.  Then this afternoon I did laundry and went to Fareway for groceries.  Dave left for Waterloo and I'm here because I go to DSM tomorrow for another card camp.  Busy, busy, busy!  There's a pre-wedding party next door and boy has it been loud.  Now they're shooting off fireworks!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...