Friday, May 15, 2015

Glad this day is over!

This morning, both Dave and I had appointments with Dr Hill at 9:30 and I had a PEO meeting at 11:00.  No problem getting to Fairfield and back by 11:00, right?  Wrong!  I got to my meeting at 11:18 - just a bit late.  I didn't really miss much.  This was our spring luncheon and we had our business meeting prior to lunch, which worked out really well.  Lunch was scrumptious, ladies!

After that Dave and I took off for Cantril around 1:30.  They were showing our house at 4:00, so we needed to be gone for at least an hour.  We made detours into Libertyville and then into Douds...we were looking for wild male turkeys.  We only saw 1 and it was a hen.  After the Dutchman's Store, we drove through Lacey Park where we saw 5 deer - everything is so lush and green!  On the way back, we took our time - saw lots of corn up and I saw one field of beans that were up, too.  The ground was really wet down in there and there looked to be more rain coming from the SW.  We didn't get back to our place until 5:15 and the lookers were still here.  We went to Drug Town to get some beer and a hanging plant and then drove through IHCC and came back by - still here!  We both had to go to the restroom, so we went to HyVee and used their facilities.  As we came back by our house, the lookers were just pulling out - 1 hour and 45 minutes later!!

Now Dave is asleep in his chair and has been since about 8:00.  I'm ready to go to bed - hope he can sleep!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...