Thursday, September 3, 2015

Summer is back!

Yes, summer is back.  It was 92 here today and only 91 in O-town.  Isn't it supposed to be warmer the farther south you go?  Something else to ponder!

Dave went fishing this morning and then when he got home, he worked with a couple of the men here to try to find a leak down in the basement.

Another thing I'm pondering...I have shorts where the zipper is sewn in as if they were men's shorts I think.  The ones I have on today are correct, but the ones I had on yesterday I have to zip with my left hand.  Weird!

More later...

3 comments:

  1. Peg, the one you had on yesterday that you zipped with your left hand are designed for women. Zip from the right are men. Same reasoning as buttoning shirts the opposite way - looonnnggg ago women had maids to button their clothes while facing them and using their right hands. Many women's designers are switching thing to the men's styles because a greater portion of the population is right handed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would know! Thanks for enlightening me! BY the way, how DID you know that interesting fact??

      Delete
  2. I asked my mom many years ago when one of my chores was ironing everyone's clothes. After ironing one of dad's shirts, when I put it on the hanger and tried to button the top button, it was more awkward than doing the women's blouses. The switching part comes from observation when trying on clothes. And I ordered a pair of slacks not long ago and was surprised at the left hand zipper.

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...