Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Busy Day

Whew!  This was a busy day!  First of all it was a bowling day.  Dave bowled very well today.  In fact, he was the high men's bowler, both individual game and series!  He also won poker AND cribbage one game!  I didn't bowl, of course, but I went for moral support!  After bowling, we went to Ambrosia Family Restaurant on Starkey right near the bowling alley.  Most of us had breakfast meals.  Dave had a hamburger & fries.

After our meal, we were home for a bit.  Then this evening we had a town hall meeting with ELS in charge.  Ninety people signed up for the free meal and discussion with the ELS reps.  I thought it was a good meeting.  Dave got tired of the conflict so he went home,  I stayed and helped with clean up.  Now I'm pretty tired, but I'll be able to take a nap tomorrow.

I don't know if I told you, but I've been reading the Iliad by Homer for some time now.  I finished it last night! It's an epic poem about the Trojan War between Troy and Greece.  Full of lots of blood and gore and javelins and beheading.  Not exactly "fun" reading, but I've been throwing a "classic" into my reading lists every once in a while.  I like to read different genres!  I know, I'm a little  strange!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...