Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tuesday

Cristobal arrived in Iowa today.  By 9:30 or so  it was raining and it rained pretty much all day.  The rain came straight down which was nice - no wind involved.  I must say I'm glad it's out of here now.  It's easy to get down on a gray day!

I finished stamping my Christmas cards and worked on other cards.   Some of the cards I have around here are old, so it's time to replace them with newer ones.  Plus, I want to give some to our neighbor who's done a bunch for us! 

Dave helped a guy whose water heater went out and he also did some HOA business.  At 6:00 I did a fun thing.  Tom Boskey (one of my ISU boys from 1975) works at Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, SD.  He's the first one from there (of 400+) to get the coronavirus.  He's tested positive for 75 days - just got his first negative test.  He's been in the hospital all of this time (still is) and was on a ventilator for over 45 of those days.  He's now learning to walk all over.  He has lost over 70 pounds and is lucky to be alive.  One of my other guys set up a zoom call so we could visit with Tom.  It was a lot of fun.  I think at one time there were 15 of us on the call.  Coach Campbell (ISU's current football coach even got on and gave Tom a bit of a pep talk!)  Tom sounds so good - his sense of humor was the same!  His looks were much different.  He has a big beard from being in the hospital all of those days - it certainly aged him!  God is good.  God wasn't ready for Tom yet!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...